Job G: CSG 15 – Fifty (50) POSTS
Advert no. 25/2021
Application Deadline: 18th October 2021
Applications are invited for the following posts: Cook III MOD Jobs – 50 Posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates.
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Duties and Responsibilities
This will be the entry grade for the Cooks cadre. An officer at this level will be on job training and will carry out duties under the supervision of a senior officer. Duties will include:
- preparation of raw foods for cooking;
- cleanliness of equipment used in production;
- maintaining hygiene by ensuring cleaning of the kitchen and its surroundings;
- setting up and preparing equipment for use in food preparation and production; and
- alerting the supervisor of any defective equipment.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Craft Certificate in Food and Beverage Production, Sales and Service or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a formal course lasting not less than two (2) months in Food Production organized by the Kenya Utalii College or other recognized institution; and
- Having NYS certificates will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Address the Complete application form to the below details:
Cabinet Secretary’s office,
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI
Hand-delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 18th October 2021.
Note to Applicants
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry encourages qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability to apply.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.