ercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Human Resources Officer
Location: Nairobi County
Program / Department Summary: The Human Resource department support in the delivery of the country strategy and objectives by managing the recruitment and selection, orientation or new hires and rewards and benefits administration. The department support line managers with performance management and team member development initiatives.
General Position Summary: The Human Resources Officer is responsible for the implementation of human resources processes in support of the achievement of the country programs’ objectives.
S/he will facilitate of full cycle recruitment and support the team member life cycles across the county program. The Human Resources Officer will support in the implementation of policies and procedures for effective team member management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Work with hiring managers to ensure all hiring requests are completed in a timely manner according to recruitment procedures.
- Support with the revision position descriptions, preparation of vacancy announcements and posting of positions through the applicant tracking system and on external job boards.
- Perform full cycle recruitment activities for positions in the country’s portfolio.
- Longlist candidates based on defined requirements and present them to the hiring managers for their consideration.
- Support and guide with drafting of interview guides and conduct interviews for portfolio of positions.
- Conduct background and reference checks and follow established vetting procedures.
- Prepare letters of offer and employment agreements for new hires.
- Support with the orientation of all new national and international staff including scheduling orientation with required focal points on Mercy Corps’ systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Personnel Action Forms for new hires are prepared and duly completed in a timely manner.
- Utilize the HR Information Management System to track new hires while following procedures to ensure compliance with Mercy Corps.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field with relevant experience.
- Professional Certification in Human Resource Management
- 3 – 4 years experience with at least 2 years experience in recruitment related activities is a must.
- Previous experience with the International NGO sector supporting a large country portfolio is required.
- Experience in successful sourcing and talent acquisition for diverse candidates is desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-volume context and complex recruitment environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, HR Information Management and applicant tracking systems is required. Knowledge of online platforms for talent sourcing is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate, influence and problem solve effectively across diverse cultures and geographical distances with sensitivity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes.
How to Apply
For the detailed Position Description and application procedure, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2QZmW4D