Medical Underwriting Officer – Insurance Brokerage
Our client an Insurance Brokerage company is currently looking to hire a Medical Underwriting Officer.
- Ensure timely and accurate debiting of premium and cover conditions and that the documentation is in compliance with set standards and procedures.
- Outpatient fund monitoring & timely invoicing for top up.
- Invite renewals accurately and within the standards of service, and co-ordinate follow up of the renewals to achieve renewal capture targets.
- Assess the new and existing risks and ensure that they are adequately rated and commensurate with the terms and conditions advised and endorsed to retain profitability of the medical portfolio
- Provide competitive tailor-made quotations to all customers promptly within the standards set
- Monitor and review terms of medical accounts assigned
- Ensure policy endorsements & documents are accurate and made within the standards of service and ensure timely dispatch.
- Ensure that the enterprise resource systems are efficient and serve medical underwriting needs
- Any other duty assigned from time to time
- Degree in Business Management/Actuarial or a related field
- Diploma in Insurance (ACII / AIIK)
- 3+ years of experience in the Insurance Broking sector, preferably servicing medium sized companies as well as individual policies in a medical department
- Duties involved in customer care include: Quotations, Cover placement, Claim processing.
- Good knowledge of frequently purchased products in the Medical field will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of how to handle Pension and Group Life paperwork will also be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of insurance, regulatory requirements, processes and operations
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com