Mechanical Engineer Job at Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation
Reporting to the Production Manager, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that all machinery, equipment and motor vehicles are properly maintained for effective operations of the factory.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer Job
- Adhere to and implement policies and strategies on machinery and equipment.
- Develop maintenance and servicing schedules for all machinery and equipment.
- Ensure timely maintenance and servicing of all factory machinery and equipment.
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain and service factory machines and equipment.
- Proper record keeping of all factory machinery and equipment.
- Proper coordination of mechanics and electricians.
- Provide guidelines and basic training on proper use and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Ensure adherence to Health, Safety and environment regulations.
- Ensure provision of safe working conditions within the factory and eliminate hazards and risks.
- Prepare and avail information and reports on all activities.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Mechanical Engineer Job Qualifications
- KCSE C(Plain) or equivalent
- Advanced Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Plant Option) or Mechatronic Technology or equivalent qualification.
- Five years’ relevant experience in Factory maintenance
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A team Player
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications.
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- High Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae, day time mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials. Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 9 /10/2018 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.