Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Accountant – Turkana County
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager with a ‘dotted line’ to the Finance and Operations Officer, he/she will assist the Finance and Operations Department in the maintenance, reporting and management of Mary’s Meals Kenya finances; ensuring programme compliance with government requirements as well as internal financial and operational policies.
- Process payments and staff advances promptly through online banking and M-Pesa bulk payment including preparing payment requests by checking the accuracy, validity and completeness ensuring they have authorization by relevant officers.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure that all transactions are properly and fully documented and recorded daily
- Ensure prompt payment of all statutory deductions e.g. PAYE, NHIF and NSSF and ensure timely filing of returns.
- Filing all finance and operational documents/records in conjunction with the relevant regulatory, legislative and organisational requirements
- Act as the organization’s petty cash custodian ensuring that all petty cash payments are made following organizational procedures.
- Ensuring all assets are correctly tagged and the asset register is frequently updated.
- Participate and support in budget and forecast preparation
- Process monthly costs, including journals and advances into SAGE 200. Preparing bank reconciliations, bank revaluation schedules, asset depreciation postings and the preparation of all other relevant journals, ensuring accuracy is maintained.
- Ensure an accurate and complete inventory/office supplies list is maintained ensuring the stock valuations are recognized in Sage 200c
- Monitor staff advances and make sure they are liquidated on time and preparing an advances report to be shared with staff to ensure follow up with overdue advances
- Maintain inventory of office stationery
- Arranging timely top up for fuel cards and purchase of airtime for all staff.
- Support in the preparing and retrieval of documents during audits
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or related field
- CPA IV or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of principles and standard practices of accounting
- Desired Experience 1-2 years working in the Accounts Department.
- Competency in use of computer and accounting software; knowledge of Sage accounting system and excellent excel skills will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with NGOs and community-based groups.
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 28th February 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.