Magazine Editor Job at Lan-x Africa
Lan-x Africa is a business management consultancy firm that deals in Business advisory, Recruitment and Training services to the Eastern African region. Our mission is “To Enhance Business Competencies through Proven Performance Based Practices”.
We are in the process of publishing a magazine and we are looking for an Editor who will be responsible for overseeing the creation, editing and production of the magazine on a monthly basis.
If you are a hard-working, self-starter and are looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded then this could be your job.
Duties for the Magazine Editor Job
- Overseeing content generation, content assignments, and manuscript review for all content of the magazine.
- Select articles for issues and plan publication contents.
- Generate ideas for articles and features.
- Reading, writing and researching features and articles.
- Rewrite, edit, proofread and subbing copy to ensure it is ready to go to press.
- Ensure that all features in the magazine are topical, interesting and informative.
- Ensure that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines.
- Participate in budget preparation for resource allocation and control.
- Coordinating preparation of new issue magazine information and other relevant materials for use by the sales and marketing team and participating in publicity activities for general publications.
- Identifying new markets for products in your section and coming up with the required content within the approved timelines.
- Establish the source of copyrighted materials and prepare acknowledgement for illustrations and text used to meet acquisition requirements.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team and Heads of Departments on content calendar.
- Leverage reporting and analytics to determine success of key initiatives.
- Develop comprehensive social media campaigns and manage daily content for all platforms, optimizing regularly to deliver best results and engagements.
Magazine Editor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or any other related field
- Be a member of media Council of Kenya
- At least two years’ experience in editorial, social media or market editorial role
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Proficiency in written English
- An eye for detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 7th September 2018.