Credit Analyst Job, Finance Jobs Kenya June,
Provide analysis, reporting, insights, and communications regarding credit performance of the company’s portfolio, customers, and products and services. This includes undertaking data analysis, conducting creative experiments, investigating causal drivers of issues, and preparing reports used internally and by external stakeholders. In liaison with the Credit Manager, the analyst shall provide key insights to influence credit behavior and performance.
The role is a global role, with a preference for experience in KE, UG, and/or NG
- Work with credit managers and data analysts to formulate, investigate and answer key credit questions and provide quality analysis to inform management on the customer, product, and portfolio credit performance
- Contribute to the development of reports to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors, and investors, including graphical analysis, presentations, and verbal and written communications.
- Conduct and report on experiments and initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across M-KOPA’s customer base, such as collections targeting, behavioral nudge campaigns, etc.
- Contribute to the development of credit and financial models to be used by the business, including but not limited to bad debt modeling, debt collection processes, cash flow modeling, and loss rate assumptions
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics on M-KOPA’s core products and pilots, including standard and non-standard forms of portfolio health and delinquency reporting, repayment rates, etc.
- Liaise with other (typically more operational) departments to ensure that actions are appropriately carried out to execute on key initiatives to drive improved credit performance, reduce risk and improve accountability.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an analytical role, such as a credit analyst, statistician, data analyst, or researcher
- Credit, data, or financial analysis skills to effectively review and report on key performance metrics
- Knowledge of lending business practices and consumer credit in emerging markets strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and senior stakeholders
- A positive, learning-oriented attitude and capacity for self-empowerment and creative thinking
- University degree preferably in a quantitative field, including statistics, engineering, accounting or economics
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and understanding of statistics and quantitative methods required
- Proficiency in data analytics and familiarity with visualization tools including SQL, R!, Python preferred
How to Apply