LWF World Service Kenya Somalia Country Program
Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant (National Position)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya | East Africa HUB in Nairobi | Full-time
Direct Supervisor: Program Finance Officer
Deadline for application: 05 August 2021
Purpose of the position: Working in the Finance Unit under the direction of the Program Finance Officer-Reporting (FO1), the Finance Assistant will assist in the reviewing completeness and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner and ensuring timely and proper filing and archiving of Finance records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record financial transactions in daily electronic journals
- Support the Assistant Finance officer in bank and cash reconciliations;
- Maintain a safeguarded filing system with complete, updated files including labeling and filing all bank vouchers; filing the various Payment vouchers and Journal vouchers made from the Nairobi office and various field offices.
- Ensuring that all relevant supporting documentation for the journal vouchers has been attached and that the journal vouchers were all properly authorized and nullified with appropriate stamps;
- Audit participation through the locating of any documentation required; Early Preparation for any upcoming audits through checking and verification of support documentation.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations and other Balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Prepare a payments tracker and update all departments on payments status on a weekly basis
- Looking up for the various payment vouchers/ Journal vouchers needed by any of the members of the finance department;
- Records and monitors all files borrowed or photocopies by staff from other departments; makes sure all documents taken out during the day will immediately be returned and must be within the same day;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Professional Designations / Experience:
- A degree (Bachelor) in Accounting
- Minimum ACCA or CPA Part 2.
- Experience Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a NGO setting is required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in processing bank transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on pressure and on irregular workinghours
- Flexible to be deployed to work in any part of the country where LWF has sub offices
- A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with LWF World Service and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
The Finance Assistant may occasionally be requested to temporarily cover for other Finance Officers in the unit.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.