Office Administrator Job at Corporate Staffing
Salary: 30k – 40k
Our client is a law firm located in Nairobi, looking for a specialized Office Administrator to undertake a variety of administrative tasks.
The Administrator will work under the supervision of various partners.
The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and client management and general office administration so as to guarantee reliability and consistency to all clients.
Responsibilities for the Office Administrator Job
- Provide administrative support to various lawyers
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Advise clients on general enquiries on their matters including hearing dates, outcome of precious court attendance, position of their cases among others
- Coordinate dispatch of correspondence with office messengers and court clerks
- Supervise all the support staff.
- Undertake basic accounting including making withdrawals and deposits to various banks.
- Advise the partners on the income and expenditure of the firm and control expenditure and maintain the operation costs at the very lowest.
- Settle bills including telephone bills, rent, etc.
- Maintain a record of expenditure and income of the firm.
- Handle petty cash and disburse the petty cash to the staff as and when required.
- Coordinate operations of the firm’s branch offices.
- Retrieval and maintaining of the biometric data of staff.
- Drafting of correspondence and basic legal documents including agreements, affidavits, defenses, charge documents and securities generally.
- Make follow-up calls with clients, suppliers, witnesses, support institutions.
- Attend to emails from clients and make relevant follow ups
- Complete tender applications as and when called upon.
- Maintain the records of all staff members from all firm branch offices and head office.
- Coordinate payment of all statutory payments i.e. VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF etc.
Office Administrator Job Requirements:
- Proven experience of at least 1yr as an office administrator preferably in a law firm
- Basic knowledge of constitution, litigation, conveyancing, legal terminology, regulations, court pleadings and court system
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, Dictaphone etc.)
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines and minimum supervision
- Basic accounting skills.
- Basic human resource training.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Office Administrator – Law firm.) to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Monday 4th February 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.