Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Kenya at Kenya Medical Research Institute
KEMRI – CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following positions:
Location: Nairobi (1 position) and Thika (1 position)
Reports to: Laboratory manager.
Purpose: To assist the Laboratory Manager in the operations and coordination of laboratory activities
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Kenya
- Performs a variety of technical laboratory procedures according to Standard Operations Procedures and Study Protocols
- Performs laboratory quality assurance/ quality control practices
- Participates in Quality Control and Quality Improvement for area of specialty and Lab indicators
- Ensures that quality control data are within acceptable ranges before reporting patient results
- Identifies out of range control values, takes corrective action, and notifies others of changes
- Conducts internal quality audit regularly and initiates corrective and prevention actions
- Responsible for accurately completing records and reports and other statistical information for master files or databases. Follows laboratory policy for data retrieval, record keeping, samples, and identification, requisition, reporting and charting procedures
- Maintains high level of competence in GCLP, laboratory safety and standard operation procedures
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area
- Keeps an adequate supply of working materials on hand
- Maintains confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Maintains laboratory equipment as outlined in the various operation SOPs and equipment manuals
- Develops laboratory standard operating procedures and manuals
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Kenya Qualifications
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- MUST be registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board
Experience and Skills
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy clinical research laboratory
- Experience in carrying out laboratory testing for research studies and/or clinical trials Trained and certified on Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Experience in laboratory audit processes
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and self-driven
- Must have an aptitude for technical problem solving
- Good communication and management skills
Terms of Employment: Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th October, 2018.