Ref: UWSS-SACCO MANAGER – 2018
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the job holder will be responsible for day to day SACCO operations including; timely preparation and submission of financial reports to facilitate effective decision making by stakeholders (management, board of directors and members); ensuring sound financial/accounting policies, procedures and controls to ensure prudent management; and control of financial resources.
- A university degree in a finance related field, preferably B. Com / BBM (Finance / Accounting) from a recognized university
- Diploma in Co-operative Management or a minimum of a CPA4 or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5 years work experience as in a financial institution.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Strong team leadership and mentorship skills
- Good grasp of IT and Computer Skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain management accounts and financial statements for the society including budget in accordance to IFRS and other accounting guidelines.
- Able to manage the Sacco Cash flows and cash flow forecast
Personal Attributes & Attitude
- Should have integrity and is able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be Self-driven and innovative
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions;
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, use initiative, self-evaluate and to work independently under little or no supervision
How to Apply
Interested persons meeting the minimum qualifications are invited to send their up to date CV and cover letter as one MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the relevant reference no. in the subject line of the email, to reach us on or before the 23rd November 2018.