Purchasing Officer Job at KTDA
KTDA Management Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kenya Tea Development Agency Holdings Ltd and a key player in the tea industry providing management services to the tea sub-sector for efficient production, processing and marketing of quality teas.
To ensure continued success and growth, we are seeking dynamic and highly talented individuals to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging position.
Tea Machinery & Engineering Company Ltd (TEMEC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of KTDA Holdings Ltd whose mandate is to fabricate tea processing and other machinery. The subsidiary compliments machinery fabrication with installations and supply of parts and specialized consumables.
In order to achieve its business objectives, the subsidiary is seeking competent, dynamic, highly qualified and well-motivated individuals in the following exciting and challenging position.
Reporting to the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely procurement of goods, services and works; developing and implementing policies, and administrative systems in line with budgetary allocations.
Key Responsibilities for the Purchasing Officer Job
- Procedural procurement in line with national and organizational requirements
- Adequately stocking/supplying of goods and services
- Well running of budget with savings where appropriate without compromising quality/quantity
- Submitting of accurate, timely and relevant reporting
- Enforcing of relevant guidelines, rules and regulations
- Ensuring customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
- Executing work processes efficiently as assigned
Purchasing Officer Job Qualifications
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and competencies: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing & Supplies or procurement
- A minimum of Four (4) years progressive relevant work experience;
- Be a registered member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS), Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional association;
- Sound knowledge of the Procurement Act
- Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice;
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams;
- Must demonstrate ability to multitask;
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness;
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge;
- Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area;
- Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals;
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and conversant with computerized procurement and logistics
How to Apply