Senior Research Scientist/ Specialist Job, Kenyan Latest Medical Jobs,
KNH 6 (1 POST)
An officer at the level will be responsible to the Deputy Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote research, innovation and technology transfer in the hospital
- Coordinate implementation of knowledge management strategies in the Hospital
- Participation in national health planning and policy formulation
- Implementing of the Hospital’s Research agenda including fostering collaborative interdisciplinary basic, clinical and operational research
- Participate in implementation of the Division’s strategic initiatives and capacity building in line with goals and aspirations of Kenya’s Vision 2030 and the National Health Sector Strategic Plans
- Responding to calls for national and international research funding applications and assisting researchers within KNH to develop their applications
- Overseeing conduct of clinical audits and surveys by surgical and medical departments in the Hospital
- Building research capacity of KNH staff and affiliates through training and mentorship
- Conduct, facilitate and manage collaborative research projects.
- Implementing advanced medical training programs in various specialities to build capacity of health professionals and ensure provision of quality specialized care
Qualifications and Experience
- MPH or MSC or a Master’s degree in a clinical discipline
- Bachelors in any of the clinical disciplines.
- Valid Practicing license from relevant professional body
- Registration Certificate by the relevant professional body
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice
- Certificate in Protecting Human Research Subjects;
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least (3) years’ experience at the level of Research specialist or equivalent
- At least five (5) publications in peer reviewed journals
How To Apply
All those Interested in the above positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to download and fill the application form. The application form together with a detailed C.V. indicating qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or 12th October 2021 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
(A) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.