Public Health Nutritionist Job at KNBS
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 45 Months
Gross Monthly Remuneration: Kshs. 290,757.75
Reporting to the Project Director in KNBS and working closely with the Senior Analyst in KNBS, the Senior Policy Advisor in KIPPRA, and also with sector specialists, the job holder will undertake systematic reviews of existing information derived from reports, evaluations and research papers to provide advice to the Policy Advisory Committee of the National Information Platform for Nutrition initiative.
Responsibilities for the Public Health Nutritionist Job
- Working with a team in the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics to collect national grey literature consisting of policy documents, project reports, evaluations and studies, and international published literature that help understand the relationship between policies, programmes and interventions in sectors that may contribute to better nutritional outcomes for the population;
- Undertaking systematic reviews of the literature on efforts in all sectors to improve human nutrition; (the sectors may include health, agriculture, food security; water and sanitation, social protection, and education);
- Developing relationships with staff of United Nations agencies, NGOs, and universities in the fields of nutrition, agriculture, social protection, WASH and education to receive the latest reports and relevant documents, to develop a network of key informants;
- methodically searching databases such as PubMed, PubAg, AGRICOLA and AGRIS for papers and reports of relevance to the topic under review;
- Creating searchable electronic archive of indexed reports and documents with support of the Data Manager of KNBS;
- Maintaining a library of policy documents, reports and papers;
- Writing reviews about specific issues derived from review of the national and international literature, and contributing to the development of policies and programmes for nutrition;
- Preparing presentations on the information required by the Policy Advisory Committee;
- Undertaking any other official assignment as instructed by the Supervisor.
Public Health Nutritionist Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health Nutrition or Public Health with a specialisation in Human Nutrition or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Ten (10) years’ working experience as a public Health Nutritionist, Nutrition Researcher or Senior Nutrition Advisor;
- Proven experience in reviewing, analysing and summarising grey and published literature;
- Proven ability in writing technical reports, documents or papers;
- Skills in preparing presentations using Microsoft Office software;
- An ability to write reports in English.
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 103
Applications must be received not later than 5TH FEBRUARY, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY