Data Manager Job at KNBS
Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 45 Months
Gross Monthly Remuneration: Kshs. 290,757.75
Reporting to the Project Director while working under the guidance of the Senior Analyst and the KNBS Data Manager, the job holder will develop and manage an archive of data sets concerned with nutrition or factors that contribute to good nutrition or cause malnutrition, and which supports efforts to create a national data archive.
Responsibilities for the Data Manager Job
- Summarising the data sets available in a standard format and maintaining records of data found and provided;
- Formulating and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data handling and data sharing;
- Creating and enforcing policies for ensuring data security to prevent security breaches and data loss with the assistance of the KNBS IT unit;
- Translating analysing requests into a list of required datasets and a schedule for their acquisition, processing, describing and cataloguing;
- Overseeing rules and procedures for data sharing;
- Monitoring the flow of datasets in both the data cleaning and analysis teams, ensuring there are no bottlenecks in the distribution and sharing of data;
- Overseeing the implementation, daily operations and maintenance of the repository of datasets;
- Undertaking special tasks assigned by the Project Director related to the KNIPFN project;
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Data Manager Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computing, Information Technology or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Ten (10) years’ working experience in data management;
- Experience in using computer softwares to handle data, ideally on networked computers running the Windows Operating System, and experience in use of database software such as Access and Excel;
- Experience in the use of statistical softwares such as STATA or R and microdata cataloguing tools, Nesstar or NADA will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
- O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 103
Applications must be received not later than 5TH FEBRUARY, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY