Senior Driver Job at Kitui County
Job Group ‘CPSB 12’ (G)
Seven (7) Posts
Salary Scale: Ksh. 19,770 x 830 – 20,600 x 870 – 21,470 x 910 – 22,380 x 960 – 23,340 x 1,010 – 24,350 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments”.
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- First Aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance, Kenya
- Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT ) or any other recognized institution;
- Passed Suitability for Senior Driver;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test 1for Drivers;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct; and
- At least Five (5) years driving experience preferably in heavy commercial vehicles.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passengers and/or good therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above position will be as determined by the
Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all Applicants
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Friday, 21st September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services.