To ensure that the Institutes’ procurement is cost effective, efficient, and done professionally and in accordance with the Institutes’ policy The role is responsible for ensuring proper procurement and disposal of items in the Institute as per the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and other relevant legislation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the institute’s strategy on procurement.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and manuals to safeguard integrity of the procurement processes of the Institute.
- Develop effective work plans drawn from the Strategic Plan and undertake continuous performance monitoring and reporting.
- Develop, motivate, and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the goals and values of the Institute.
- Ensure adequate budgetary provisions, monitor absorption, and ensure optimal utilization and alignment to the Institute strategic activities.
- Covered in the immediate bullet above Ensure efficiency of systems, processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the operational excellence that drives the department ’s objectives
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor operational and strategic risks of the function
- Ensure implementation of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan for the procurement function.
- Ensure compliance with all procurement and disposal statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission’s policies.
- Provide requisite regular reporting in compliance with internal and external guidelines and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide advice and respond to procurement related matters in the Institute
- Provide professional opinion and technical advice on procurement and disposal matters
- Report on status of the contracts to the Institute Company Secretary
- Recommend appointment of the members of tender processing committees to the institute Company Secretary.
- Ensure continuous training of prospective tender processing committee members and suppliers.
- Develop tender documents, coordinate evaluation, provide technical advice, and give feedback to all bidders.
- Prepare agenda and meetings of the Tender and Disposal Committees, provide technical advice during meetings, and take minutes
- 19.In liaison with user departments, identify procurement needs, initiate prequalification, oversee evaluation, register, and monitor suppliers’ performance.
- Develop and administer a supplier satisfaction survey questionnaire to enhance supplier relationships with the Commission.
- Ensure all procurement records are secure and safely maintained for ease of retrieval and future reference.
- Liaise with User departments to identify obsolete and unserviceable stores for disposal.
- Coordinate periodic and annual stock taking for prudent inventory management.
- Perform any other functions connected therewith or incidental thereto.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- Certificate in Leadership from a recognized institution
- Member and licensed practitioner of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) in good standing.
- Professional qualification CIPS, CPSP is an added advantage
- Eight (8) years of service, three years of which should be relevant to this position and obtained in a reputable organization.
- Five (5) years experience in a leadership role
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Keya
- Integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation, regulations and applicable standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High analytical and organizational skills, with ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise written reports.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
How To Apply
All Application letters indicating role and reference number, together with Curriculum Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO KISM, email@example.com to reach him not later than Wednesday, 8th September 2021.
Kindly submit a filed KISM Job Application Form together with your application. The template form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/3XKchgoeJrgPLiLc9
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.