Human Resource Manager Job at Kisii University
Kisii University, a leading public institution situated in south-western Kenya obtained its University Charter in 2013 under the Universities’ Act 2012.
To enhance dynamic, strategic and transformative leadership critical to the growth of university, the University Council invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent credentials and requisite competencies to fill this position.
Human Resource Manager
Ref. No: KSU/RA/05/2018
The Human Resource Manager shall be answerable to the Registrar (Administration, Human Resource and Central Services) and responsible for general human resource matters in the University.
Human Resource Manager Job Requirements:
- At least a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- Must possess a Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences (Human Resource Option) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Must have at least ten (10) years relevant working experience as Human Resource Manager with three (3) years at Grade XIII OR comparable position preferably in a University setting.
- Must possess Certificate of Human Resource Professional III (CHRP III).
- Must be a registered member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a valid Practicing License.
- Must be Computer literate and possess skills and competencies on HRIS, Pay Roll management and Employee Resourcing.
- Be a CPS (K) or have equivalent professional qualification.
Responsibilities for the Human Resource Manager Job
- Designing, developing and implementing effective human resources strategy, policies, processes and procedures in line with University objectives.
- Ensuring alignment of HR Policies and procedures to the labour laws and other appropriate legislations
- Play an advisory role in recruitment and interview processes.
- iv. Ensuring employee personal data is captured in the Human Resource Management Information System.
- Pay roll Administration.
- Development of training programs for short capacity building courses and seminars.
- Preparation of Management counter proposals of Collective Bargaining Agreements for negotiations
- Monitoring the University establishment, cost, productivity and advising remedial actions.
- Leading the reward and recognition policies, processes and their implementation
- Leading in developing a performance culture through elaborate policies, processes and procedures to achieve the University strategy
- Responsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired university plans and culture.
Terms and Conditions of service
i. The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms
ii. The successful candidate will be offered competitive remuneration package including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Government of Kenya public service guidelines.
a) All applicants must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by obtaining clearance from the following Government agencies:
i. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
ii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
iii. Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
v. National Police Service (NPS) for current certificate of good conduct
b) Applicants who possess academic certificates from foreign universities are advised to get and attach equation from the Commission for University Education.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application giving details of age, educational and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present job and salary, telephone number and e-mail address.
Enclose relevant certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned.
The soft and hard copies of application and information from referees should reach the undersigned not later than 18th September, 2018.
Kindly indicate the Job Title and Reference Number on the face of the envelope.
The Chairman of Council,
P. O. Box 408-40200
Kisii University is an equal opportunity employer