Veterinary Officer Job at Kisii County
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
VETERINARY OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘L’ (5 POSTS)
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Senior Veterinary Officer.
Veterinary Officer Job Responsibilities
- Undertaking disease control activities such as disease search, vaccination and enforcement of livestock movement regulations.
- Facilitating/participating in vector control programs
- Treating sick animals and advising on good veterinary practices
- Offering extension services
- collecting data and preparing reports on animal health, products and market
- Providing advice on animal breeding and welfare.
- Enforcing slaughterhouse hygiene and meat transport regulations.
- undertaking postmortem examination and other diagnostics
- Collaboration with other stakeholders in research and achieving their agenda.
- Participating in animal health field demos, livestock exhibitions and agricultural shows
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements And Competencies
- Be in possession of a Bachelors of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution.
- Be a registered and retained by the Kenya veterinary board.
- Skilled in computer applications from a recognized institution.
- Have at least three (3) years’ field experience.
- Be compliant to Chapter six of the constitution.
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 16th August, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board –Mwalimu Hotel,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER