Town Administrator Job at Kisii County
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
TOWN ADMINISTRATOR, JOB GROUP ‘R’ (3 POSTS)
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be answerable to the Chief Officer Lands, Physical Planning & Urban Development.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Implementing the decisions and functions of the County Public Service Board;
- Overseeing the affairs of the town;
- Developing and adopting policies, plans, strategies and programs;
- Maintaining a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and providing public access;
- Ensuring preparation and submission of information to the County Treasury for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the Annual County Appropriation Bill
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems; and,
- Perform such other functions as delegated by the Town Committee.
Requirements And Competencies
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Working experience of not less than 5 years.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply.
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 16th August, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board –Mwalimu Hotel,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER