Senior Legal Counsel Job at Kisii County
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL –LITIGATION/ EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR RELATIONS, JOB
GROUP ‘Q’ – (2 POSTS)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Shall represent the County Government in all courts, Tribunals and arbitration where the County Government is a party or interested;
- Shall be the litigation counsel for the County Government;
- Legal adviser to County Government;
- Legal adviser to other County Government entities;
- Attend county executive committee meetings on behalf of County Attorney in his absence or deputy county Attorney;
- Represent County Government in court or in any other legal proceedings in which the County Government is a party, other than criminal proceedings;
- Advice and draft Bills for the County Government departments
- Draft, vet and interpret documents /instruments and agreements for and on behalf of the County Government and her agencies;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned from time to time by his/her superiors.
Requirements And Competencies
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university.
- Must have a Post Graduate Diploma (KSL).
- Must be admitted as advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- Must be a member of Law Society of Kenya.
- Must have professional experience of not less than 7 years at senior level in public service or a reputable private entity
- Must have practicing certificate for the year 2018.
- Should have administrative and management experience at senior level.
- Should have a bias on labour and employment matters.
- Should have a bias on land and environmental issues
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 16th August, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board –Mwalimu Hotel,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER