Legal Counsel Job at Kisii County
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
LEGAL COUNSEL –DRAFTING/LEGISLATIVE AND RESEARCH, JOB GROUP ‘P’ (2 POSTS)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Drafting and reviewing complex documents, local and international contracts, agreements and any other instruments
- Advise and draft Bills of Government Departments
- Initiating and undertaking research on complex and emerging legal issues and preparing legal opinion.
- Legal advisor to County Government
- Advising County Government on legal policy issues
- Attend County meetings on behalf of County Attorney in the absence of the County Attorney or Deputy
- Represent County Government in court or in any other legal proceedings in which the County Government is a party, other than criminal proceedings
- Advise and draft Bills for Government departments
- Draft, vet and interpret documents / instruments and agreements for and on behalf of the County Government and her agencies
- Perform any other function as may be assigned from time to time by her/his superiors
Requirements And Competencies
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university.
- Must have a Post graduate Diploma (KSL).
- Must be admitted as advocate of the High court of Kenya.
- Must be a member of Law Society of Kenya.
- Must have professional experience of not less than 5 years at senior level in public service or a reputable private entity.
- Must have practicing certificate for the year 2017 or 2018
- Should have administrative and management experience at senior level
- Qualified under chapter six of the constitution
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 16th August, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board –Mwalimu Hotel,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER