Animal Health Assistants Job at Kisii County
The Kisii County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
ANIMAL HEALTH ASSISTANTS II, JOB GROUP ‘G’ (28 POSTS)
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a Veterinary Officer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Carry out meat inspection and/or artificial insemination services.
- Carrying out simple treatments of animals.
- Perform veterinary field extension services that include farm visits, barazas and field days;
- Assist in disease control programs such as disease surveillance, vaccinations and reporting.
- Demonstration and training in animal husbandry techniques.
- Undertake closed castration, dehorning, de-worming, disbudding, docking, de-beaking and hoof trimming.
- Prepare reports from their area of jurisdiction.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements And Competencies
- Be in possession of a certificate lasting not less than two years in animal health | animal health & production | animal health & range management from a recognized institution.
- Be registered and retained by the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Skilled in computer applications from a recognized institution
- Have at least three (3) years’ field experience
- Be compliant to Chapter six of the constitution
Meat inspection and / or artificial insemination training will be an added advantage
APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Criminal Investigation Department.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply and should clearly indicate the type of disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, to reach on or before 16th August, 2018 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to:-
Kisii County Public Service Board –Mwalimu Hotel,
P.O Box 1848 – 40200 –Kisii, Kenya.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the County Public Service Board’s offices situated at Gusii Mwalimu Hotel, 1st Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER