Job Vacancy: Graphic Designer
Starting date: Immediately
Who are we?
Kilimall is Kenya’s largest online shopping mall. It was launched in July 2014 with the mission of becoming No.1 E-commerce platform in Africa.
Kilimall serves a retail-customer base that continues to grow exponentially, offering products that span various categories designed to ensure optimum levels of convenience and customer satisfaction with the retail process; order delivery-tracking, dedicated customer service support and many other premium services.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role bases in Nairobi.
The Graphics Designer will be responsible for consulting with their manager on the project specifications, defining project standards and scope.
He or she will also be responsible for advising on the best, current practices for visual communication; provide technical expertise on photography techniques, graphic design software, as well as layout and color management.
1. Develop design briefs that suit the company’s purpose/message.
2. Conceptualize, design and creatively produce new interactive ideas and material.
3. Use innovation to redefine a design brief within time and cost constraints.
4. Present finalized ideas and concepts to account managers.
5. Work with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD), and stay updated with emerging design trends and technologies.
6. Proofread final product for accurate and high-quality work.
7. Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, corporate branding, and websites.
8. Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and work on existing layouts.
9. Advise management on strategies to reach a particular audience.
Who are you?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or any related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing or a similar position
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator) and other design software
- Solid understanding of e-commerce
- Hands-on experience of content management systems.
- Excellent reporting skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of photography and photo processing techniques
- Able to coordinate tasks with the team.
- Strong adaptation skills, result driven, flexible, and strong communication skills.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st September 2021.
Clearly state the subject heading as “GRAPHICS DESIGNER”.
Kindly also state your current and expected remuneration.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.