Chef (1 position)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in budget preparation and estimating food requirements.
- Assisting in Compiling of menus in liaison with clients.
- Assisting during compilation of duty Rota.
- Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations.
- Assisting during fumigation as required.
- Assisting in recording all requests for conference services required.
- Organizing food production and service areas (kitchen, Dining room etc).
- Assisting in preparation of menu and budget for the kitchen.
- Cleaning food production and service areas.
- Preparing meals and serving at the appropriate time.
- Diploma in food production including food and Beverage Service or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- Basic understanding of food preparation.
- Valid certificate of food handlers.
- Compliance requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals are required to apply online through KEPHIS website (www.kephis.org) by 31st January, 2019.
Use only one method of application: online through the KEPHIS website.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; duly filled employment application form, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.