Procurement Officer Job at Kenya Ports Authority
Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below positions:
Procurement Officer (Tenders)
Reporting to the Principal Procurement Officer (CTC & T), the Senior Procurement Officer (Tenders) is responsible for all tendering activities with the objective of ensuring an efficient, effective and economical service to both users and vendors.
Responsibilities for the Procurement Officer Job
- Preparing Tender Documents in liaison with Heads of User Departments.
- Ensuring approvals to incur expenditure are in place
- Preparing Advertisements (Invitations to Tender/asking for EOIs etc.), placing notices on the Authority’s, Public Procurement Oversight Authority websites and other approved press.
- Ensuring that the tender documents are properly printed and bound and availed in time to bidders.
- Ensuring that opening of tenders is done as per regulation in force.
- Maintaining and updating the Tender Register
- Coordinating notification to both successful & unsuccessful bidders after Tender Committee award.
- Preparing Quarterly reports for management reporting, and to Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA).
- Reviewing Tender Evaluation Reports.
- Analyzing data for the tender section.
- Coordinating preparation of monthly procurement reports.
Procurement Officer Job Qualifications
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Possess a Graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supplies from a recognized institution
- Be a valid member of Kenya Institute of Supply Chain Management (KISCM) with valid practicing license
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in providing support in tendering with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.