Senior Accountant Job at Kenya Ports Authority
Our client, Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below positions:
Senior Accountant (Assets Management)
Reporting to the Principal Financial Accountant, the Senior Accountant (Assets Management) is responsible for preparation of financial statements, monthly and final accounts as per KPA policy and International Financial Reporting Standards
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant Job
- Ensuring that accounting records are properly maintained by checking the accuracy of general ledger accounts and supporting schedules for each account.
- Preparing monthly financial statements.
- Controlling closure and opening of accounting periods.
- Coordinating replies to all audit queries.
- Coordinating all period and end closing procedures.
- Replying to audit and other Public Investment Committee’s queries.
- Liaising with other departments on matters relating to ledger accounts.
- Coordinating reconciliation of ledger accounts.
- Controlling creation/deletion of General Ledger Master Data.
- Posting journal documents.
- Reconciling of General
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Be a holder of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized professional body.
- Be a valid member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) or any other internationally recognized accounting body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience providing support in preparation of financial statements and accounts with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Apply here for the Senior Accountant (Assets Management) Job
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.