Assistant Finance Manager Job at Kenya Literature Bureau
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB) is established under Kenya Literature Bureau Act, Cap 209 of 1980 with the mandate to publish, print, and disseminate literary, educational, cultural, and scientific books and other materials. KLB is the leading publisher in Kenya and the region and is home to some of the world’s top authors, researchers and experts in book publishing and printing. KLB prides itself in providing high quality educational publications and printing services that are unmatched in the region.
REF HR AFM-6-2018
Reports to: Finance Manager
Responsibilities for the Assistant Finance Manager Job
- Ensure proper and accurate reporting of the financial operations.
- To ensure proper accounting records are maintained.
- Ensure proper planning and utilization of KLB resources.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts/reports to guide in internal decision making;
- Implement and maintain the Bureau’s financial management system;
- Design, establish and maintain effective internal control system;
- Prepare periodic reports on compliance with the approved budgets for budgetary control;
- Analyse expenditure variance and prepare monthly reports for decision making;
- Analyse monthly Bank reconciliation reports and co-ordinate the implementation of the reconciling items;
Assistant Finance Manager Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management/ leadership position.
- Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant – ACCA- UK)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing,
- Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA – K) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA – UK) will be an added advantage.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analysts of Kenya (CIFA) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Public Finance Act and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organization and planning skills.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
For the full details on these positions, including qualifications and experience, please visit KLB Website on www.klb.co.ke and send your applications to email@example.com
Address your applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Bellevue Area, KLB Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us on or before 19 September 2018.