Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament, with the mandate to procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
As a result of business growth and the need to enhance organizational efficiency for effective service delivery, we would like to fill the following positions:
REF. NO. SO/HR/2019
VACANCY DETAILS: e GRADE: SA5 e
TERMS OF SERVICE: Contract PURPOSE STATEMENT
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the Security Officer will be the principal assistant to the Chief Security Officer, offering security support services to the department.
The jobholder will have the following principal accountabilities:
- Ensuring timely reporting of all security incidents/accidents affecting KEMSA assets, personnel and all other processes and submitting of all reports to the Chief Security Officer for appropriate action.
- Coordinating the daily management of Security operations in line with procedures, tactful deployment of security staff and ensuring high alert state.
- Conduct risk analysis, advise on key elements and mitigation measures within the function.
- Conducting performance appraisals on the security staff below him.
- Intelligence gathering for detection and prevention of criminal activities within KEMSA premises.
- Creating Security awareness/ safety awareness amongst staff of the organization.
- Ensure that all physical and electronic protective Security measures are employed for maximum security for all KEMSA processes.
- Coordinating of responses to critical incidents/ emergencies.
- Training and developing capacity for the guard force on modern security techniques.
- Enforcing access control procedures to avoid possible loss/ unauthorized access into the premises.
- Provision of quality customer service to both our internal and external customers.
- Ensuring that all Security staff deployed at all KEMSA premises are properly kitted and follow the security dress code.
- Assisting in background checks for staff being employed in KEMSA.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Have a Bachelors’ Degree in Security Management from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in corporate security management gained from a reputable organization. Those with experience in supply chain security management will have an added advantage.
- Be a member of a registered security association in good standing.
- Should have sound management and investigative skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience on fire safety management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented person who can work under minimum supervision. High Integrity and honesty.
- Team player.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 which includes the following:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Method of Application
Applications, quoting the job reference number, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of ID card, certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 17 December 2019.
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street, Industrial Area,
P.O Box 47715-00100, NAIROBI.
Note that any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
‘The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.
Applicants for the Finance Manager role should send their application not later than 13 December 2019 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/ executive-search-
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
Kemsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.