The Karen Hospital is a 102bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
The Karen Hospital is proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
Ref No: MCHC/01/2021
Responsible for the provision of quality comprehensive care to children, both as outpatients and inpatients.
S/he will also be expected to participate in the enhancement of maternal and child health services in the hospital.
- Inpatient and Outpatient management of paediatric patients by examining children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Conduct specialized Paediatric Outpatient clinics in Main Hospital and/or Branches.
- Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
- Examine, prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures.
- Collect, record and maintain updated records of patients’ medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Keep abreast of advancements in pediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences and participation in continuous medical education.
- Participation in quality assurance and improvement of paediatric services in the Hospital.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with current applicable local, state laws and regulations and the accrediting standards of any certification or accrediting body that accredits or certifies any facility at which the hospital provides services.
- A Postgraduate qualification (Master of Medicine) in Paediatrics and Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent degree from a recognized University.
- Valid practicing license (Special recognition from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board in Paediatrics is an added advantage)
- Paediatric advanced life support/Advanced Trauma Life Support/Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Training will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a proven experience as a pediatrician
- In depth knowledge of children epidemiology and infectious diseases
- Exquisite knowledge of diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation principles and techniques
- Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medication appropriate for children and their side-effects
- Familiarity with traditional and web-based prescription systems
- Active listener, patient, calm with excellent communications skills
- Outstanding diagnostic and problem-solving abilities
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and
apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/
OR you can send your detailed CV to us by email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 7th July 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted