- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Master’s in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a valid annual practicing license.
- Experience of 1 – 2 years after postgraduate in clinical pharmacy.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with a problem-solving mind-set.
How To Apply
send your detailed CV to us on email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 30th September 2021.
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.