Job Grade KICC 4
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following post:-
The Principal Internal Auditor reports to the Audit Manager and is responsible for providing assurance on the Corporation’s internal control systems, risk management framework and the governance structure as per the Public Financial Management, (PFM) Act.
- Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
- Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
- Coordinate the preparation of specific audit assignment plans and programmes;
- Preparation of the Internal Audit systems, procedures and guidelines;
- Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in all processes;
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
- Leading specific audit teams; and
- Reviewing work programmes to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- Carry out periodic self-assessment as per the Quality Assurance Improvement Programme(QAIP)
- To compile a follow up report detailing the recommendations for improvement for internal audit activity in line with quality Assurance improvement programme(QAIP).
- Have a minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at a supervisory level;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA,Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) or its equivalent and either;
- Be a member of any of the following professional bodies- Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE);
- Internal Audit Quality Assessors Certification
- Have a certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in Computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
Terms of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
Job Grade KICC2 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to performance
Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2018” not later than 7th January, 2019 at 5:00 pm to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P.O. Box 30746-00100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply