Internal Auditor Job at Impala Safari Lodge
Impala Safari Lodge is located only 5km from the Tsavo East National Park main gate and about 2km from Voi Town. Perched on the foot of Mwakingali hills, this private and very exclusive lodge / tented camp combines modern amenities with chic African style on beautiful, nicely landscaped gardens.
Impala Safari Lodge has earned the reputation of being one of Tsavo’s leading lodges.
Welcome to Impala Safari Lodge, a family-owned and run boutique bush Lodge in a quiet, convenient location in Voi. With stunning views across the plains and located conveniently close to Tsavo East, Tsavo West and Amboseli National Parks. Impala Safari Lodge is set in a large, welcoming old Victorian villa in a quiet area on the city’s southern slopes.
Impala Club Kenya is a Private Members Club that is sports oriented. Our facilities include: an ultra-modern Health and Fitness Spa, a well-stocked Members Bar, Catering facility offering fairly priced and delicious meals, a floodlight Rugby pitch, separate Hockey and Soccer Pitches, Six Tennis and Five Squash Courts, Cricket Pitch with its own Pavilion, Big Screen TV in the main lounge, a Board Room, ample secure Cabro parking and expanded and refurbished 33 meter Swimming Pool, where Members and their Guests enjoy, Rugby, Swimming, Cricket, Gym, Hockey, Walking, Jogging, Pool, Table Tennis, Darts and Socializing, over our ample, well maintained grounds. We also have a Ladies Salon, a Barber shop and a Car Wash facility
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 3 years’ experience in internal audit or having trained with a professional form of practicing Accountants for at least 2 years
- Qualified as CPA, ACCA or equivalent
Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Jobs in Kenya
- Developing the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation of results as guided by the Audit Committee
- Developing audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement in consultation with Audit Committee to ensure completion within agreed schedule
- Developing, in liaison with the Audit Committee appropriate audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable
- Preparing, in concurrence with the Audit Committee, suitable management letters reporting on key control weaknesses, non-compliance with the Impala Club Constitution; procedures and management policies; regulatory requirements on those areas audited
- Completing audit assignments according to the agreed plan
- Carrying out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the agreed intervals
- Working together with our External Auditors on annual confirmation of assets, debtors, creditors, member account, income, expenditure and cash and bank balance and compile report on this exercise
- Assisting in follow up and disposal of cleared audit issues logged from previous audits
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
The purpose of the role is to plan and carry out specific audit exercises on the Club’s operations in an efficient, economical and effective manner so as to ensure that the Club’s operations comply with the legal requirements of Impala Club Constitution. The Internal Auditor will directly report to the Audit Committee.
Internal Auditor Jobs in Kenya Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Technical skills to effectively perform Internal Audit activities in a manner that consistently achieves established quality standards or benchmarks
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of stakeholders and auditees who impact performance
- Planning and organizing to effectively structure work assignments for timely delivery on audit assignments
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant laws, policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently require compliance standards or benchmarks
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer service oriented culture
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The job description is not the exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly and urgently apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, kindly remember to address your application to:
The Human Resource
Off Ngong Road,
PO Box 41516
Tel: +254 020 2111951/2
Ref: Internal Auditor Vacancy
submit one file containing your Application Letter, and detailed CV (placed in one file, please) as an attachment in Word or pdf format clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your mail to enable automated email sorting.
Kindly also indicate details of your current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts. Original Certificates and copies of the same will be presented by those called for interviews.
Only Short Listed Candidates will be contacted for further consideration
Deadline: 14th December 2018