Imarika SACCO is a leading Deposit Taking SACCO (DTS) with its head office in KILIFI town and a branch network of seven branches operating in three Counties in the Coast region.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic, competent and qualified Legal professional to fill the position of Legal Officer.
The person need not be an advocate of the high court.
He/She must have hands on working experience of not less than three years (3 years)working in a similar position in a reputable organization.
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Grade: 3
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Terms of Service: Three Year Contract (Renewable)
Job Purpose: To provide legal advice and support to the SACCO and its various departments on all matters; to ensure the efficient and proper handling of all legal matters; to liaise with external legal counsel on all matters affecting the SACCO and assist the SACCO in all legal compliance issues
- Drafts and review contracts, tender documents and other related documents to ensure compliance with legal obligations
- Assist the SACCO in managing litigation filed by or against the SACCO by responding to libel
- Grafts and reviews all leases, licences, concession agreements and all other related documents to ensure that all the obligations are met and interest safe guarded
- Studies and researches on claims, litigations, arbitrations and prepares draft responses for review by legal counsels and corporation secretary
- Analyses debt collection and disputes claims and makes draft responses for review
- Implements court awards and resolutions with user departments
- Works closely with user departments by providing legal guidance in the interpretation/implementation of contracts
- Follows up on action taken by external lawyers through letter or telephone
- Maintains and updates records of all contracts, leases, licences and claims
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in law from a renowned university
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in handling legal matters
- Computer knowledge and applications.
How to Apply
If you believe you are qualified and up to the challenge to clearly demonstrate your abilities and interest, send your application and CV attaching all relevant copies of certificates and testimonials (that must include a certificate of good conduct) to the address below on or before 10th February, 2020
Chief Executive Officer
Imarika Sacco Ltd
P.O. Box 712 – 80108