Title: Human Resource Officer
REF NO: 14/2020
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 54,164 to 72,695 pm
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
- Drafting and verification of routine correspondences;
- Processing of salaries, allowances, benefits and final dues and payroll administration;
- Collating and analyzing training applications;
- Processing employee recruitment, promotion and exit documents;
- Processing of leave applications, sick sheets and sick offs;
- Updating of Staff Medical details, National Hospital Insurance Authority (NHIF) and National Social Security Authority (NSSF) records;
- Maintaining complement control;
- Carrying out leave administration;
- Updating human resource database;
- Analyzing data on work environment and employees’ satisfaction surveys.
- Collecting data in relation HIV/Aids Prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse, WIBA, OSHA;
- Inducting staff and on-boarding programmes;
- Undertaking training needs analysis, projections and developing training programmes;
- Developing training materials for in-house courses;
- Administering performance appraisal, collates performance related data, analyzing and preparing related reports;
- Preparing periodic progress reports;
- Preparing of HR budget and procurement plans; and
- Preparing and analyzing HR metrics and related reports.
- implementing human resource management policies, laws, regulations, procedures and systems;
How to Apply
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available at: www.knqa.go.ke
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above specified criteria for any of the above positions, submit (both electronically and hard copies) of your cover letter, together with copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your updated detailed Curriculum Vitae, including other things your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Scan and send your application electronically as a one pdf attachment/document with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line. The hard copies should be marked with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ on top of the envelope.
- It is an offense to include false/incorrect information in the application. Any incorrect/misleading information may lead to disqualification/legal action;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
- KNQA is an equal employer therefore people with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the originals of their national ID/ passport, academic and professional certificates, transcripts, testimonials and current compliance certificates for the requirements of chapter six of the Kenyan constitution during interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 24th September, 2020 (at 5pm) both electronically through email@example.com and hard copies send to: –
The Director General
Kenya National Qualifications Authority
Uchumi House,6th Floor, Aga KhanWalk
P.O Box 72635-00200,