Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Manager
We are a leading insurance company with operations in East Africa. We are seeking to recruit a competent, qualified, and highly self-motivated Senior Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent shall plan, manage and coordinate all aspects of the Human Resource function and support implementation of the HR strategy and process in all subsidiaries.
The incumbent shall be a member of the company Human Resource Management Committee (HRC) and shall be invited on periodical basis to the Board Nomination and Remuneration Committee (BNRC)
- Provide general HR leadership and guidance to managers and employees in the areas of performance management, objective setting, workforce strategy, coaching, staffing issues, employee relations, compensation, and organizational development.
- Collaborate with all heads of divisions and departments to enhance corporate staff welfare and come up with innovative ideas to enhance culture, diversity, and inclusion.
- Coordinate key year-end processes, including; Budgeting, performance evaluation, remuneration and benefits review, staff promotions and regrading process in liaison with the HRC.
- Implement and facilitate annual talent management processes including talent ranking process; provide advice on development of employees.
- The role holder will be responsible for governing and integrating the HR strategy and corporate strategy for the consolidated production business budgets, by optimizing staff output and leveraging on the use of technology.
- The incumbent will be responsible to maintain extensive knowledge of the business operating environment and key relationships with statutory and regulatory authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the company.
- Ensure organization staffing is optimized at all time in line with production targets and service levels.
- Onboard joining staff in line with HR policy and best practice.
- In liaison with the subsidiaries C.E.O’s, prepare HR budget and ensure that all HR activities and programmes are within budget.
- Set up working methodology for succession planning analysis, implementation and monitoring of talent needs to actualize the corporate strategy.
- Develop the recruitment and selection process to include: Appointment /Confirmation and Separation.
- Decide recruitment channels and review and analyses the company and subsidiaries: Jobs / roles and salaries, Ranking and benefit system.
- Formulate effective Performance Appraisal policy and procedures and ensure its compliance.
Policy Implementation and HR Administration
- Coordinate and supervise the management and maintenance of staff contracts, personnel files and other employee information.
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to staff.
- Assist managers with the mid-year and end of year performance evaluation process.
- Partner with finance to ensure accurate payroll processing and statutory compliance on monthly basis.
- Provide timely and accurate guidance to managers regarding employment relation issues.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Coordinate all immigration processes to ensure all expatriates have obtained class D work permits, visa, extensions and resident permits where respectively applicable.
- Ensure all staff insurances are in place and are periodically updated including additions, deletions and renewals.
HR Planning and Management
- Provide ongoing strategy guidance, interpretation and support to management in all areas of HR management.
- Provide accurate and sound HR analysis and timely support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design, change management and other HR strategy planning and development.
- Liaise with all subsidiaries HR office to ensure support and contribute to the implementation of the corporate HR strategy.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations on improvement of systems and internal controls, planning and change management and resolution of HR issues.
- Participate in HRC meetings for purposes of HR planning and development.
HR Office Management Excellence
- Be a role model by promoting management excellence in the office by ensuring a high level of professionalism at all times in all areas of HR.
- Effectively manage the human resources lifecycle of the company across all subsidiaries.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Ensure full compliance with the labour laws and align to best practice.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A master degree from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Full member and of good standing of the Institute of the Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in a Senior Human Resource Management Role.
- Working knowledge and experience with Human Resource Information Management Systems (HRIMS)
- Demonstratable Practical knowledge of labour laws.
- Strong attention to detail with a good knowledge of business administration.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, integrity, trust and dependability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, kindly send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 15th July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.