Job Vacancy: HR Assistant
We are looking to hire an assistant in the HR department who will be responsible for payroll administration, leave administration, employee relations and other functions of the HR department.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Assist in performance management and improvement tracking systems;
- Deal with all issues concerning employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant (essential).
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Must be a registered member of IHRM.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 14th May 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.