HR & Admin Officer Job at Chelyon Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are a new establishment in the motor industry and looking to fill in the position of an HR & Admin Officer who will co-ordinate all functions of HR in the company including related companies.
Essential Functions for the Admin Officer Job
As a Human Resource & Administration Officer you will be in charge of the following: –
- Developing and implementing a HR strategy based on the overall Company Strategy to ensure that business needs are met; prepare and implement the annual Plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Board
- Developing, Reviewing & Sustaining a ROBUST performance management process and all related functions including staff appraisal, training planning and incentive schemes
- Building a culture of continuous improvement in all operational areas & ensuring succession planning is in place at all levels.
- Working closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, performance management, on-boarding and exits planning etc.), in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Company.
- Developing a HR budget based on the strategy and effectively manage it to ensure cost management goals are achieved.
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures and monitor all HR activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Advising and leading the management team in talent management including managing the recruitment process in a manner that ensures that right caliber and of employees is hired and retained
- Managing industrial relations matters and offer training, advice and general guidance to managers and supervisors on labor laws and related market practices so as to ensure a harmonious work environment
- Leading in handling staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while paying heed to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Continually reviewing and updating the terms and conditions of service of employees to ensure that the Company becomes and remains the Employer of Choice in the industry and communicate to the staff appropriately.
- Coordinating and implementing of Human Resource Projects (Job Evaluation, Review of Scheme of Service, Review of HR policies, Review of HR processes and documentation, manpower audits et
- Managing all insurance matters
- Liaising with the line managers regarding training of new employees in HR roles and Offering HR support to all company staff
- Leading in man power planning, ensuring appropriate matches between employees and the job to be done.
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Work closely with the GM to ensure strategy is achieved
- Liaise with all Heads and other stakeholders to drive the HR agenda
- Work closely with GM and the Board on policy matters relating to Human Resources.
Admin Officer Job Qualifications
- Minimum of related 3 Years work experience in a fast paced organization
- Minimum of Degree in Human Resource Management
- Experience of managing a workforce of not less than 15 Personnel
- Excellent people’s skills
- Excellent in setting up systems from the start to successfully implementing the same
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set targets
- Not less than 28 Years of Age
- Excellent communication 7 presentation skills
- Registered or working towards registration with IHRM – Kenya
- Excellent time and performance management skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
If you feel you are well suited, qualified for the opportunity and energetic enough to work for a startup kindly drop your CV and application on email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as job title addressed to
The Hiring Manager
P.O Box 2613 – 00606
NB: Only qualified candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
We are an EO employer