Job Title: HSE Supervisor
Reports to: Construction Manager
Industry: Agriculture Hub project- under Oil and Gas industry
Location: Nairobi and various construction sites within Kenya
Overall Purpose of the Job: To support the EHS Manager in enforcing compliance of the HSE standards at the workstation and the activities. Liaise with the rest of the rest of the department heads and the compliance enforcement officials to ensure Eni HSE standards and regulators are met.
- Assist the HSE Manager in monitoring the progress if the HSE activities through regular updates of the remedial work plans, vehicle tracker, Machine trackers and the SOCA tracker.
- Carry out workplace inspections, report on the findings and institute measures to remedy non-compliances with regard to the standards set and the legal requirements
- Write non-compliance reports and institute remedial measures for compliance
- Proactively promote and ensure compliance with HSE system at the workplace
- Make daily, weekly and monthly reports of all the activities at the workplace as appropriate.
- In consultation with the HSE Manager develop, manage and enforce company standards and policies with regard to HSE.
- Coordinate safety and health surveillance for the workplace
- Ensure that the company vehicles comply with the standards and staff comply with the regulations of use.
- Assist with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
- Confirm necessary documentation was submitted to the relevant authorities
- Attend project planning meetings
- Assessments and approval of contractor(s) health and safety plans
- Attend the contractors site handover
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings
- Facilitate site health and safety meetings
- Identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures and systems, distribution of health and safety specific documents to sub-contractors
- Compiling project specific emergency response and preparedness plans
- Testing the effectiveness of the emergency response plans
- Conduct site safety inductions
- Evaluate the levels of compliance of subcontractors to the project specific health and safety plan and client specifications through inspections and audits
- Oversee the reporting and investigation of project related incidents
- Oversee the maintenance of all records
- Participation in management reviews of the health and safety systems
- Use of trends analysis to identify system deficiencies and incident trends, outline relevant improvements
- Incorporation of changes into a health and safety management system
- Review and update the health and safety plan
- A University Degree or Diploma
- 5 years of Oil & Gas Industry field HSE experience.
- Experience in construction is added advantage
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (if required)
- A certificate in HSE training
Training and Courses
- A certificate in HSE training
- A Certificate in basic computer packages
Specific knowledge, technical or professional skills
- Experienced on HSE Risk Analysis and Job Safety Analysis.
Required personal capabilities
- Demonstrate aptitude for teamwork
- High level interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before 25th September 2021.
Clearly indicate the exact position (HSE Supervisor) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.