Senior Systems Developer Job at Higher Education Loans Board
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya.
The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) and Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund.
The Board is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individuals of high integrity who are able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the following position:
Senior Systems Developer
Information and Technology Department (ICT)
HELB is an innovative institution in the education sector whose focus is to leapfrog how Financing higher education is executed in Kenya by amalgamating public and private sector resources in the country.
HELB offers this service through a technology platform that link Financiers to borrowers true to the tag line “Education Meets Technology”.
The person we need to fill the position and to join our fast growing team should not only be passionate, innovative, aggressive and qualified but also, be of high integrity, highly competent, self-driven with innate dynamism to solve problems.
The Position: Reporting to Assistant ICT Manager, Business applications; the Senior Systems Developer will be responsible for gathering user requirements, analyzing, designing, developing and implementing business applications.
Additionally, the Senior Systems Developer will be responsible for the maintenance of existing solutions as well as innovations for efficiency and enhanced service delivery
Key Responsibilities for the Senior Systems Developer Job
- Gather requirements from business and discuss with users to come up with system specification
- Develop prototype for required solutions
- Develop and de-bug applications
- Develop existing applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
- Develop reports and customizations specific to client requirements
- Optimization of existing solutions
- Perform tests for the solution developed and conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) and obtain sign-off for the UAT
- Conduct training for internal staff and external customer on use of developed applications
- Develop technical and operational documentation for the applications
- Ensure safe custody of all applications documentation
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies.
- Perform any other duties that may be necessary for the effective management and success of the board
Senior Systems Developer Job Requirements
- A Degree in BSc Information Systems or its equivalent
- Microsoft Dynamics AX certification
- Knowledge in the SSRS reporting framework
- Knowledge in Microsoft management reporter tool will be an added advantage
- Accounting / Financial knowledge will be an added advantage
- At least four (3) years of experience in applications development and database operations
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and databases
- Proficiency in Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Proficiency in SQL scripting
- Proficiency in X++ programming language
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Personal integrity;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Quick learner and adaptability;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Attention to details;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to multi task;
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 2nd October, 2018.
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Or Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELB is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.