ERP Functional Expert Job at Higher Education Loans Board
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was established in 1995 through an Act of Parliament CAP 213A of the laws of Kenya.
The mandate of HELB is to source for funds and provide financing (through loans, scholarships and bursaries) to Kenyans pursuing higher education in institutions of higher learning in and outside Kenya as recognized by Commission for University Education (CUE) and Technical, Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) and recover funds loaned to create a National Revolving Fund.
The Board is looking for highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individuals of high integrity who are able to demonstrate strong leadership skills to fill the following position:
ERP Functional Expert
Information and Technology Department (ICT)
HELB is an innovative institution in the education sector whose focus is to leapfrog how Financing higher education is executed in Kenya by amalgamating public and private sector resources in the country. HELB offers this service through a technology platform that link Financiers to borrowers true to the tag line “Education Meets Technology”.
The person we need to fill the position and to join our fast growing team should not only be passionate, innovative, aggressive and qualified but also, be of high integrity, highly competent, self-driven with innate dynamism to solve problems.
Reporting to Assistant ICT Manager, Business applications; the ERP Functional Expert will be responsible for gathering user requirements, analyzing, designing, developing and implementing business applications.
Additionally, the ERP Functional Expert will be responsible for the maintenance of existing solutions as well as innovations for efficiency and enhanced service delivery
Key Responsibilities for the ERP Functional Expert Job
- To work collaboratively with ICT management, business leaders, and business department team members to review requests, analyze requirements, and documents current and future state workflows;
- Review performance issues on AX Finance modules, diagnose root causes, and resolve the same;
- Development and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2/3 (ERP), Management Reporter (MR);
- Assimilate business goals and objectives of the Finance and Corporate Support departments while translating business requirements into system requirements;
- Creating test plans, test cases, training plans, and end user guides;
- Reviewing user Requests, clarify objectives, understand software functionality and recommend solutions using industry best practices;
- Provide functional training, including developing user training materials and delivering end user training;
- Provide expert advice to Finance, Human Resource, Supply Chain, Transport in best use of AX Finance modules;
- Function as a liaison between Finance and IT department, Human Resource, Supply Chain, Transport – business partners to ensure effective delivery of system changes;
- Support system setup, configuration, integration, upgrades/updates and implementation of new functionality;
- Identifying reporting requirements and help to coordinate the development of specialized reports;
- Driving system design analyses, user acceptance testing, business validation during production implementation, and post production support
ERP Functional Expert Job Requirements
- A Degree in Bachelor of Commerce, BSc Information Systems or its equivalent;
- CPA (K);
- Microsoft Dynamics AX certification ;
- Microsoft certified Professional;
- Knowledge in Microsoft management reporter tool;
- Accounting / Financial Management particular General Ledger Architecture knowledge;
- Certified in sure step (Managing Dynamics Implementations).
- At least four (3) years of experience in ERP deployments;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite;
- Experience in Configurations of Dynamics Financial Modules;
- Experience in creation of reports in management reporter;
- Experience in user support and training.
- Personal integrity;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Quick learner and adaptability;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Attention to details;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to multi task;
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of Chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later than 2nd October, 2018.
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Or Email Address: email@example.com
HELB is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.