Health Records and Information Officer Job at SHOFCO
SHOFCO is a Kenyan registered Charity Organization with its Headquarters in Gatwekera – Kibera and other offices in New York, Mathare Slum, Mukuru Slum and Bangladesh with a plan to move to other slums in Kenya with a VISION of “Building Urban Promise from Urban Poverty”.
It is a grassroots movement that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls.
The following is the open position that we seek to fill:
Job Title: Health Records and Information Officer (HRIO)
Rank: Supervisor / Assistant / Facilitator
Section: Member / Client Services
Location / Work station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 4.00PM, 2 Saturdays a month
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Job Purpose: To be responsible for maintaining patient records and statistics and responding to requests for medical records.
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Provide quality and timely health information.
- Ensure disclosure, confidentiality, security and exchange of health records and information.
- Collect, compile and store health information data from the facility.
- Process, examine and summarize the data into meaningful weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct on – job training for other staff/mentorships in the facility.
- Identify gaps and suggest ways of improving records and sharing of program data.
- Design and review monitoring and evaluation tools used by the program sectors.
- Convert hardcopy data into the system.
- Interpret and disseminate data to relevant stakeholders.
- Compile bio-data for patients.
- Trouble shoot and maintain health systems.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Diploma or above in Medical Records Information Technology, preferably from KMTC
Professional Qualifications: N/A
Other required qualifications (unique/job specific)
- At least 2 years’ working experience in a busy health care facility,(experience in working with Hospital Management Information System will be an added advantage)
- Knowledge of SHOFCO policies and personal contribution to the realization of the program targets/plans
- Documenting facts
- Interpreting data
- Managing tasks
- Producing output
- Upholding standards
- Team working
- Establishing rapport
- Following procedures
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com or drop their hard copies at our Head Office in Kibera, Gatwekera.