Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated financial services seeks to recruit a Human Resource Manager.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for all people aspects at the company and will also be tasked with managing the human capital as well as instituting systems that ensure retention and growth of the employees while focusing on overall business strategy.
Reporting to: CEO & HOD – Finance & ADMIN
Industry: Financial Services
Responsibilities for the Human Resource Job
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Sourcing organizational human talent, counselling managers on hires, and conducting human capital growth programs.
- Developing and maintaining a competitive employee pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, periodic job evaluations, preparing pay budgets, monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Training managers and supporting them in performance appraisals, discipline procedures, disputes resolutions and employee counselling.
- Maintaining employee benefits programs, studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, recommending benefits programs to management and designing and conducting educational programs on benefits.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing Kenyan Labor laws, including health and safety at workplace.
- Guiding management and employees’ actions by researching, developing, writing and updating policies and procedures and communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Overall responsible for human resources archives by designing a filing and retrieval system for current and past Records.
- Keeping the company updated on current employment legal framework, human resources developments and trends, skills availability and the demand and supply in the labor markets.
- Developing human resources financial strategies by estimating, forecasting and anticipating requirements, trends and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Managing the human resources placement, development, organizational continuity, conflict resolutions and employee relations, reward and incentives, disciplinary process and discharge.
- Leading the benchmarking on employee practices across the industry to ensure maximum benefit to the organization and retention on the talent.
- Managing the employment risks by developing and administering health and safety programs, conducting safety inspections, maintaining accident records etc.
- Enhancing departmental reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Report to management and provide decision support through the Human Resources metrics.
Human Resource Job Requirements
- A degree in social sciences with a major in Human Resources management or personnel management.
- Professional diploma from the institute of Human Resources management (IHRM) Kenya.
- Registered with the relevant professional institute in Kenya.
- Experience of over 5-10 years in a diverse working environment with clear understanding of the motivational aspects to millennials 5 of which must be at a senior position in the department.
- Experience working with a Fin Tech will be an added advantage.
- Should possess great verbal and written communication skills. Will be required to make numerous presentations to both internal and external business stakeholders reporting on various aspects of human capital,
- Should demonstrate exceptional leadership skills. He / She will be working with various team players across departments offering guidance and direction.
- Should demonstrable a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to win the confidence of his team mates.
- Should also possess superior problem-solving skills that quickly nullify any conflicts or complications within teams, enabling a smooth performance of functions
- Should possess exceptional analytical skills necessary for driving successful Human resources talent.
- The ability to work independently and still retain a high level of self-motivation; a high degree of professionalism as well as personal integrity; an ability to work effectively in a group setting and help move that group in a unified direction;
- Should be detail orientated, possess the ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and be involved in multiple projects with ease.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics/ performance appraisals.
- Knowledge of Human Resources automated systems and databases
- Ability to develop strategy along with leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and human resources best practices.
- Proficiency in technology and flair for the automation.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Human Resource Manager-Fintech on the Subject line