Job Vacancy: Financial Accountant
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually.
They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years.
Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued.
The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage the account payable and receivable functions of the business. This should involve managing of document flow, regular review of ageing reports, ensuring smooth running of both functions and meeting all stakeholders’ expectation of collecting and payment of payment of company debts.
- Work in conjunction with procurement to enhance and maintain the supplier relationship.
- Manage the treasury function. This involves regular review of sales & banking process, to institutionalize efficiency, manage and control all risks associated with cash management, addressing emerging risks in a timely manner and advancing innovation & use of technology in cash management & reconciliation.
- Manage the cash flow plan for the business. This involves daily update and review of cash position of the company, to ensure the company is in a position to meet all its obligations cost effectively and timely.
- Manage the entire General Ledger analysis to ensure completeness & accuracy of reported balances.
- Maintain and update of system’s ledgers to ensure integrity and compliance of new vendor’s information requirement.
- Review and approve payment vouchers. This should ensure the approved payments have met all procurement and receiving procedures.
- Team Management, mentorship and training
- Participate in successful implementation of the ERP
- Ensure financial data security
- Demonstrate cash flow management
- Demonstrate dynamic leadership skills
- Thinks in terms of continuous system improvement and added value
- Ability to coordinate, demonstrate high ethical and core values
- Ability to motivate the team to produce quality output within strict timeframes
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent
- CPA (K)
- 5 years or above in a busy accounting environment
- Payables management
- Cash flow management
- Staff management
- Sales Receipt management
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th May, 2019.