Finance & Administration Assistant Job at Forum Syd
Duty Station: Nairobi, Hub Eastern and Southern Africa
Duration of Assignment:3 years Fixed Term (Renewable)
Organisational Context:Forum Syd is a Swedish civil society organization focusing on democracy and human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change. Forum Syd vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”.
Forum Syd Hub Eastern and Southern Africa is looking for a Finance and Administration Assistant for its operations in Nairobi
Purpose of Position: Forum Syd is seeking a talented and hard-working individual to be a key member of our finance team. The role reports to the Finance Officer and will require a significant amount of attention to detail and integrity.
The ideal candidate will have the ability and commitment to execute his/her assigned roles to the highest degree of accuracy. The role takes responsibility for accurate recording and reporting of the Hub’s first line finance functions and supports colleagues in dealing with finance issues.
The role also acts as the custodian of the department’s records, documents and files.
Responsibilities for the Finance & Administration Assistant Job
- Assist in preparing internal and external payments for staff and suppliers, and ensuring all relevant documents are attached.
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliation with the guidance of Finance Officer.
- Assist in preparing monthly bank reconciliation-FS main bank account and project bank accounts
- Posting all transactions to the Forum Syd’s accounting system-Agresso
- Monitoring and reporting on staff advances on a monthly basis
- Managing and monitoring Petty Cash spending, reconciliation and replenishment.
- Responsible for maintaining a robust filling system in the department.
- Assist in preparation for organisational and project audit.
- Assist in maintaining an updated fixed asset register for all office assets and the ones transferred to partners for project implementation
- Assist in arranging logistics for staff and partners during meetings
- Assist in maintaining insurance policies schedule to ensure timely renewal.
- Assist in issuing LPO for all purchases
Finance & Administration Assistant Job Qualification
- At least a first degree in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent from recognized university.
- At least CPA Part II or equivalent.
- At least two years work experience in a busy accounting/finance environment
- Experience of working in the non-profit/NGO sector
- Good command of Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural, international team.
- High level of Integrity and good judgement
CLICK HERE >>> TO ORDER YOUR PROFESSIONAL CV & APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW!
How to Apply
Forum Syd is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Email your application indicating your current, expected gross salary and detailed CV with at least three referees to email@example.com (subject heading: Finance & Admin Assistant) on or before 5th September 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.