Fairview – A City Lodge Group Hotel
Position Vacant: Assistant Food and Beverage Supervisor
Closing Date for Application: 7th December 2019
Apply to: Human Resources
1 Aim of the role
The purpose of this position is to assist in leading the daily Food & Beverage outlet operations including overall quality, service and service staff performance of the designated outlets.
The Assistant Food and Beverage Supervisor will work daily with the F&B staff to ensure both external and internal Guest Satisfaction in the outlets by training, coaching, developing and correcting behavior of the F&B Staff.
Outline of Responsibilities:
1. Ensure a high standard of service and cleanliness in the restaurants, bar, boardrooms, conference rooms and kitchens are maintained.
2. Maintain a high standard of guest relations and personal contact, ensuring that all complaints are dealt with immediately.
3. Execute outlet operations including food and beverage promotions, customer service and Inventories.
4. Lead the Front of the House staff in training the following: restaurant standards, wine service and customer service.
5. Assist F&B Management in monitoring labor, inventory and Food Handlers/ HACCP Certifications.
6. Monitor the performance of outlet service staff. Supervision duties include; delegating responsibilities, scheduling, coaching and correcting, evaluating, interviewing, training and mentoring of staff.
7. Maintain Restaurant inventory, cleanliness, food rotation and menu consistency
8. Maintain policies and procedures. Adhere to HACCP, OSHA and alcoholic beverage commission guidelines
9. Provide assistance to the F&B Management in all menu preparations, kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory controls for F&B
10. Update the Specials menu board daily and changing during meal periods.
11. Responsible for training shift leaders for their responsibilities during all meal periods and events
12. Assist the F&B Management in all kitchen efforts, staffing and inventory controls as assigned
13. Assist in the execution of the strategic plan including forecasting, budget management, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories
14. Conduct inventory for par levels of food, beverage and paper supplies.
15. Assist in establishing methods for inventory control and adhere to purchasing procedures
16. Ensure proper maintenance, cleaning and operation of the outlet and service equipment
17. Continue to enhance the guest service experience by creative initiatives
18. Assist in the execution of administrative function such as reporting, forecasting, quality assurance and departmental meetings
19. Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry
20. Provide direct ‘hands-on’ cooking or prep work on the hot line if necessary to deliver quality, prompt food service as needed on busy events or meal periods
21. Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when need be.
2 Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualifies for consideration.
3.0 Line of Reporting and Communication:
3.1 Responsible To: Food and Beverage Manager
3.2 Responsible For: Food and Beverage Service Staff.
3.3 In Communication With: Other Hotel Departments
4.0 Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
4.1 Level of Literacy: Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili. A foreign language will be an added advantage.
4.2 Level of Communication: Skills Must be in possession of excellent communication skills
4.3 Level of Formal / Professional / Education & Training: Diploma in Food & Beverage Sales and Services from a reputable institution.
4.4 Level of Experience: At least 2 years experience in a similar role
4.5 Leadership Skills: Must have demonstrable leadership skills
If you have the specified attributes and wish to be considered for the position, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FHR@clhg.com