Our client is a 3 Star hotel in Nairobi looking to hire an Executive Chef.
As Executive Chef is fully responsible for maintaining and developing the reputation of the hotel through the production of excellent quality food.
An Executive Chef will oversee the operational management of the kitchen and team members.
The ideal candidate must have relevant experience as an Executive Chef or a high-performing Sous Chef in a reputable 3 or 4 star hotel facility.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce high quality dishes that as per established standards and to the clients’ requirements
- Developing and implementing kitchen performance standards and other specifications in line with best practice
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door
- Champions menu costing in liaison with the cost controller and monitors food cost and accounts for a rise or deep in the same
- Lead in cost management in the kitchen operations and ensuring that there is no wastage in materials during production
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works seamlessly
- Conduct performance management for employees in the kitchen and maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and maximizing the available resources.
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good condition and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
- Monitoring and controlling the usage of supplies and operating equipment to ensure effective controls.
- Requisitioning food stock items from the store, receive deliveries and check on quality, quantity and prices
- Monitoring and ensuring hygiene and safety standards
- In liaison with maintenance, coordinating timely repairs of faulty equipment
- Degree or Diploma in Food Production
- Eight years’ experience, three of which must have been as a Sous Chef and above in a 4- or 5-star establishment
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Willingness to commit long working hours including weekends and public holidays
- Demonstrates a high level of supervisory, training and coaching skills.
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- High end food preparation skills, an outstanding attitude and very good people
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs only to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “EXECUTIVE CHEF” on the email subject line.
Applications deadline is 15th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.