Energy Regulatory Commission is established under the Energy Act, 2006. Following the operationalization of the Energy Act, 2006, with effect from July 7 2007, the Electricity Regulatory Board (ERB) became Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC).
Reporting to Principal Accountant the successful candidate will work under the supervision of a senior officer and will assist in ensuring prudent management of financial resources and the reporting thereof within the existing legal and regulatory framework
- Providing support for the budget preparation process and preparing budget monitoring reports
- Preparation of cash flow projections for the institution
- Tracking, analysis and reconciliation of ERC levies and other revenues
- Developing procedures relating to the institution’s finances
- Preparation of payment vouchers, imprests, claims and impress surrender documents
- Preparation of payroll, statutory and other deductions and ensuring timely remittance.
- Updating of fixed asset register, acquisition and disposal and posting of depreciation
- Reviewing of the general ledger, and reconciliation of debtors and creditors balances
- Reviewing and updating functionalities and new system requirements of the RMIS
- Supporting the intemal and external audit function during audit process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, AccounA Commerce (Finance Option), Business Administration, Business Management, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficient in Computer Applications;
- Planning skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail; and
- Team player
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (-IELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate and you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria set above, please submit your application attaching copies of your education and professional certificates, cover letter and a detailed CV giving details of telephone contact, email address, names and contacts of three (3) referees not later than 5.00 pm, 13th December 2018.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent Is Email: email@example.com
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability who possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.