Acacia Academy is a newly established kindergarten in Ongata Rongai that focuses on building a firm foundation for future learning. Acacia academy wishes to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented individual to fill the position of Kindergarten Teacher.
The role holder will be responsible for fostering the intellectual and social development of children in the first phase of their elementary school experience. They will also provide the tools and the environment for students to develop into responsible adults and possibly move on to higher education.
Key Responsibilities for the ECDE Teacher Job
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan;
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills;
- Organize learning material and resources;
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities;
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information;
- Assess students’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis;
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing;
- Cooperate with administration staff; and
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations.
ECDE Teacher Job qualifications
- At least one (1) year teaching experience;
- Knowledge of the 2-6-6-3 education curriculum;
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Development (Montessori/ KHA);
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities;
- Teaching and organisation skills;
- Patience and flexibility; and
- Strong communication skills.
To apply, send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.