Job Title: Depot Operator
Reports to: Senior Depot Operator
Location: Tilisi, Limuru
Our client a Clinical Research Logistics company seeks to bring on-board a qualified person to take on the role of the Depot Operator at their pharmaceutical warehouse. The Deport Operator will be responsible for implementing the local depot strategy that supports the overall objectives and priorities for the organization. He/she will establish the industry leading standards of customer care and satisfaction and support workplace health and safety standards, effectively advocating the organization values.
Key areas of responsibility
- Perform shipment receipt, registration, initial entry of the shipment information in the 1C inventory system; preparation of all supporting documentation.
- First/second physical check of the shipment content, placement and storage according to the client’s instructions and internal SOPs and WIs.
- Immediate reporting to the management and to the client on the detection of the arrived shipment deficiencies and actions according to the client’s instructions and internal SOPs and WIs.
- Placing shipment for storage at the depot according to the indicated temperature and storage areas requirements (quarantine storage, temperature-controlled area (+15 С – +25С) or (+2 – +8С), (-20С), or (-70С) or area with no temperature control. Preparation of supporting documentation.
- Selection, first and second physical check of clinical trial materials according to the prepared set of documents and client’s request for dispatch, being guided by the internal SOPs and WIs regulations and client’s instructions.
- Transfer of the shipment prepared for dispatch to couriers.
- Proper use of the packaging materials (insulated shippers and loggers) for the shipments according to instructions of the manufacturers, client, and in compliance with the internal SOPs and WI
- Receipt and check of returned materials at the depot. Returned materials placement in the quarantine area. Returned materials inventory. Filling out the necessary supporting documentation and entering data in 1C system. Physical check of returned materials.
- Uploads of temperature data reading from the company Express vehicles.
- Provide management with full information on the readiness of the materials for destruction.
- Make inventory of ancillary materials, informing responsible persons in a timely manner on the necessity of updating stock (packaging, ancillary materials for dispatch etc.).
- Perform proper storage of packaging materials and temperature loggers.
- Ordering and proper storage of dry ice.
- Launch and use of standby power source if necessary and according to the management and engineer instructions.
- Compliance with sanitary and hygiene regulations when working with the clinical trial materials.
- Independent study (where necessary) of the processes of the department activities according to the internal procedures and instructions and client’s instruction.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word applications
- Strong numeracy skills
- Awareness and appreciation of warehouse and equipment health and safety
- Has self–awareness and cares about the impact they may have on others
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Ideally multi-lingual
- Engage and builds credibility with internally influential individuals
- Exceptional attention to detail that delivers quality information
- Coaching and development skills and dealing with a range of employee relations matters
- Ability to deliver on commitments
- Innovative Thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, sales or other related degree
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar capacity preferable in pharmaceutical or logistic company
- Relevant, demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of warehousing medical products and devices in the pharmaceutical industry
- A good level understanding of the pharmaceutical industry overall
- Experience of selecting and managing appropriate suppliers
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please apply by sending an email, with your CV attached in word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Depot Operator by 5 p.m. Tuesday, 21st September 2021.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.